On Windows machine:
- Download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot setup.exe from here
- Follow the Installers instructions and select where you would like to install Minimal ADB and Fastboot too (For simplicity I choose to install it to the Desktop)
- After you have chosen where to install Minimal ADB and Fastboot too select whether you would like to create a Start Menu Folder or not for the instalation
- Once you have chosen where to install it to and if you want to create a Start Menu Folder select the install option
- After the Installation Wizard has completed you can select to start Minimal ADB and Fastboot
- You can also start Minimal ADB and Fastboot by navigating to the Start Menu Folder you choose to create during installation or the desktop shortcut you choose to create and selecting Minimal ADB and Fastboot
- You should now see a command window open, with the command window open you can now issue ADB and Fastboot commands to your device
On Android device:
Enable USB debugging on your device.
- On most devices running Android 3.2 or older, you can find the option under Settings > Applications > Development.
- On Android 4.0 and newer, it’s in Settings > Developer options.
Note: On Android 4.2 and newer, Developer options is hidden by default. To make it available, go to Settings > About phone and tap Build number seven times. Return to the previous screen to find Developer options and make sure that USB debugging is enabled.
Connect your Android device to PC and verify that it is correctly recognized. If not you need to install ADB Driver from here
Run Minimal ADB and Fastboot consolle
- Make sure that your device is connected:
(you should see something like: 04e7afd809bc284a device)
- View realtime logs:
(to exit press CTRL+C)
- Save logs to file (you won’t see logs at this time on the screen, they are redirected to the file):
adb logcat -v long > %USERPROFILE%\desktop\logcat.txt
then do something with EZ-GUI to show how it crashes
- Press CTRL+C to stop logging and save the file
- send logcat.txt file to firstname.lastname@example.org with decryption of the problem.