EZ-GUI can control your gimbal to get videos like this:
Gimbal can be also used as antenna tracker.
To use this functionality you need:
- Storm32 based 3 axis gimbal – http://www.olliw.eu/storm32bgc-v1-wiki/Main_Page
- Bluetooth module – http://www.olliw.eu/storm32bgc-wiki/Bluetooth_Module_HC06
- EZ-GUI with working preferably long range telemetry (I use 3DrRadio)
- iNav/Multiwii based flight controller
- full version of EZ-GUI
This is my setup:
Gimbal + batteries in the box
- Pair Bluetooth gimbal with your Android device
- Connect battery to your model and wait for good GPS reception
- Connect EZ-GUI to model
- Make sure that you have good GPS reception 5 satellites or more.
- In EZ-GUI go to mission planner.
- From menu (three dots in right up corner of the screen) select “Camera tracking setup”
- Select Bluetooth module
- Bring your model with working GPS and telemetry connection as close as possible to the place where camera will be located and press NEXT button
- Move model away from the camera. Preferably in the direction where you will be flying. 10 meters should be enough.
- Manually rotate whole gimbal and point the camera at the model and press NEXT button
- Done. Press OK. At this point gimbal should follow the model.